Lift those weights!!!!
If you truly want to transform the shape of your body, you must lift weights. Period. Eating clean and doing cardio will help you shed the pounds, but if you really want to change the shape of your body, hit the weights. Check out all the other benefits of weightlifting:
– Burns fat: Muscle burns more calories at rest than fat, so the more muscle you have, the
easier it will be to maintain your weight
– Improves memory: After even only 1 weight training session memory can improve by 10%
– Reverses aging: One study showed that after 26 weeks of twice/week resistance training,
genes associated with age and exercise showed a reversal of their gene expression. This
means that the resistance training was not only slowing, but also reversing the aging process
at the gene level. WEIGHTLIFTING IS ANTI-AGING!!!!
– Improves cardiovascular health
– Release endorphins
– Strengthens joints, ligaments and tendons
– Increases energy: Hit the weights in the morning and you’ll have energy all day long!
– Lowers blood pressure
– Improves balance and coordination
– Reduces lower back pain and injury
– Improves posture
– Strengthens bones: Helps prevent osteoporosis
– Prevents the decline in your metabolism as you age (this starts at 30 – yikes!)
– Lowers your risk for diabetes
– Improves functionality: Having more muscle means you are fitter and stronger
– Decreases symptoms of depression
Don’t delay – start your transformation today – happy lifting!